Nyu Media’s side-scrolling mech shooter Gigantic Army is now available through Giganticarmy.com, Desura, GamersGate and Rice Digital for just $5.99.
Gigantic Army puts you in command of the ‘GMR-34 SALADIN’ a robotic powerhouse bristling with enough weaponry to singlehandedly take down a planetary army, and versatile enough to dodge or deflect whatever the enemy throws at you.
The work of esteemed shmup Japanese developer Astro Port, Gigantic Army continues the studio’s tradition of delivering high-octane shooter experiences that can be enjoyed as much by novices, as by discerning shmup aficionados.
Taking its cues from timeless classics like Cybernator / Assault Suits Valken, Front Mission: Gun Hazard and Metal Slug – Gigantic Army brings the much-loved mech-shooter stomping and blasting into 2014 with gorgeously detailed backdrops, fluid animation, and impeccably pitched gameplay.
GIGANTIC ARMY FEATURES:
- 2D side-scrolling mech-action where you pilot a devastating robotic super-weapon!
- 6 meticulously designed stages from acclaimed shmup developers Astro Port!
- Gigantic boss encounters and mid-level boss battles!
- 9 different weapon combinations to choose from – choose the load-out that matches your combat strategies – plus shield, thrusters, and dash!
- 4 difficulty modes from ‘Easy’ to ‘Insane’ to cater for all skill levels!
- Rebalanced gameplay from the Japanese original, making this Nyu Media release the definitive version of Gigantic Army!
- The Steam version (Gigantic Army is currently on Steam Greenlight) will add 42 achievements, trading cards, and more! A Linux version for Steam is now in the final stages of development!
- Outstanding value for only $5.99!