The side-scrolling mech shooter from Nyu Media will be available to buy through Steam later today.
After launching across various other digital outlets last month, the mech-shooting bad-assery can now be had through Steam for just $5.99, complete with some new features including achievements, trading cards and a Linux version.
Gigantic Army brings the side-scrolling mech shooting of 16-bit era classics like Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, Mech Warrior, and Front Mission: Gun Hazard into 2014 with gloriously crafted backdrops, fluidly realized sprites, massive enemy bosses, and solid, weighty gameplay.
It is the turn of the 21st century and Earth’s war with the alien Ramulons has now reached its most critical point. Your mission: pilot the mech powerhouse ‘GMR-34 SALADIN’ and use its arsenal of explosive, projectile and plasma weapons to take down the Ramulon home planet and end the war!
- 6 stages of intense mech-shooting action!
- 12 mid and end level bosses of gargantuan proportions to take down!
- 4 difficulty modes from ‘Easy’ to ‘Insane’ to cater for all skill levels!
- Customizable weapons load-out to suit your play style!
- Dash, thrusters and shield give your mech satisfying manoeuvrability and defensive options!
- Rebalanced gameplay from the original Japanese version!
- New to the Steam version: 42 achievements, Steam Trading Cards, and a Linux version!
- The Steam version also includes bonus exclusive retro packaging assets to create your own physical version!
- Outstanding value: only $5.99!