The space sim from Little Green Men Games and Iceberg Interactive is currently in beta on Steam’s Early Access program, and can be grabbed right now for £18.99. The official release is planned for this Spring.
Starpoint Gemini 2’s Beta update offers fans the ability to chance traveling through the new, powerful and dangerous wormholes, mount T-drives to their custom ships for instant travel, hear new music tracks and special effects, experience local events and brutally heavy cannon blasts with a new shaky camera, amongst other additions.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Beta Features:
- Wormholes – Free of charge, Wormholes are a one-way superfast travel method, but due to instability they are very dangerous and can result in damage or major catastrophe. Very popular way of travel among bandits and pirates.
- Classy Choices – Players can now choose their player class at the start of a game.
- Faster – By adding newer models, the game’s load times are much faster.
- T- Drive – Personal device for instant travel that can be mounted to any ship.
- New Music – New tracks and SFX have been added to create a wider variety of moods and atmosphere.
- Events – Local events that will feed the live news reels were added.
- Balancing – A first balancing run has been done on the ship systems and equipment pricing.