Triumph Studios’ fantasy, strategy, empire-building, RPG has made a triumphant appearance on Steam, GOG and various retail outlets, and can be grabbed now in both a standard and digital deluxe flavour.
The third Age of Wonders title revives the classic fantasy strategy gameplay of the original, where kings, queens, and dark lords battle for the spoils of an ancient paradise. This iteration adds RPG-inspired classes and specialization, letting rulers craft empires of their own design and craft their own unique strategies and play styles.
“After 39 months of hard work, we’re finally letting our baby out into the world. We’re excited to let people finally return to the game they loved so much,” said Lennart Sas, Development Director at Triumph Studios. “The new classes and specializations let players choose to play the way THEY want, rather than being hemmed in by the typical fantasy restrictions.”
Key features include:
- Explore, expand and exploit a living fantasy world. Discover wondrous locations and gather legendary heroes.
- Develop your domain, with many classes having the ability to change terrain and climates to suit your needs.
- All new 3D graphics that provide a crisper and more detailed overview of the world and battle maps.
- New styles of play are possible with the introduction of RPG style leader classes like warlord, theocrat, rogue and sorcerer, along with a wide selection of specializations.
- Command a variety of races. Pick your starting race and shape your people’s destiny using your leader’s unique skills.
- A brand-new tactical battle system renders each battlefield and siege in great detail; new rules include flanking and a massive set of special unit abilities.
- An epic story campaign with two playable factions;. Choose the mighty Commonwealth Empire or join the Court of the High Elves, founded after the reunion of the Dark Elves and Wood Elves.
- Compete online in extensive multiplayer modes and scenarios.
- High replay value through random maps, difficulty modes and tools allowing user created content.