Early access to the PS4 version of Square Enix’s MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is available from today, ahead of the release on Monday April 14th, and PS3 players can now upgrade to the PS4 version.
Owners of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation 3 are eligible to upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version starting today.
- Purchase of the PlayStation 4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation 4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation 3 version.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Players may upgrade free of charge via the Mog Station.
- You must first register the PlayStation 3 version to your Final Fantasy XIV service account before upgrading.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation 4 system will be required to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- All Final Fantasy XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- If you wish to play on both the PS3 and PS4 you must purchase a separate copy of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation 4.
- The PS4 upgrade campaign will be offered until December 31, 2014.