The crafting/building/exploration game from Aussie developers Flat Earth Games has made the jump from iPad and can now be picked up for both the iPhone and the Mac.
The new Mac and iPhone version expands upon the original iPad version which launched last year by adding a bunch of new content, including new levels, resources, building types and quests.
TownCraft is a simple yet addictive building and crafting game that’s easy to get into, non-violent, and engages one’s desire to discover, create and explore. Set in medieval times, players are alone in the wilderness and must start a new town to become the toast of the kingdoms. Gamers begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet and, before long, their town will be teeming with travellers from all across the land. They’ll buy wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food, and drink at the tavern players build. Fish, farm, forage, mine, mill, and explore the bizarre and distinctive world of TownCraft.
Key Features in TownCraft
- Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps.
- Test your skills at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create, shape, and construct.
- Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills in the effort to create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
- Order around muck-ridden peasants, who will manage one’s gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
- Play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – workers will wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night, and then get some shut-eye again.
- Explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
- Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.