Just because Techland’s Dying Light has been delayed until next February, doesn’t mean it can’t put on a good show at E3 with a new trailer and some screenshots.
Dying Light is a first-person, action survival horror game set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, players roam an urban environment devastated by a mysterious epidemic, scavenging for supplies and crafting weapons to help defeat the hordes of mindless, flesh-hungry enemies the plague has created. At night, hunter becomes prey as the infected grow in strength and aggression – even more lethal are the nocturnal, inhuman predators that leave their hives to feed. Players need to use of all their skills and all available means to survive until dawn.
Good Night. Good Luck.
- Welcome to the Quarantine – Experience an original and intense story set in an infected city cut off from the outside world.
- Vast Open World – Players traverse an extensive world plunged into chaos and destruction. In this diverse environment, players must fight for survival against many kinds of enemies since the infected are not the only threat.
- Night Changes the Rules – In daylight, players explore the city searching for supplies and weapons. After nightfall, though, the infected world undergoes a dramatic transformation that gives the gameplay a new dimension. The hunter becomes prey.
- Parkour-Style Movement – Whether jumping between rooftops, climbing walls or attacking foes from above, players can move around the city with ease and speed. Dying Light provides freedom of movement never before seen in open world game.
- Brutal, Visceral Combat – Fight face-to-face using a diverse selection of melee weapons: knives, bats, axes, or more unusual tools of destruction. Players must strike down enemies or cut off their limbs to save their own lives.
- Craft Your Weapons – Why use an ordinary cleaver when players can attach a lighter for burning damage? Or wrap a hammer in electrified barbed wire? Dying Light lets players create their own weapon upgrades and construct increasingly efficient tools of combat.
- Choose Your Play Style – Players can make use of weapons, surroundings, and traps set by other survivors; provoke groups of enemies to attack one other; complete objectives by day or at night; or take advantage of darkness, fog, and storm to remain unseen.
- Breathtaking Visuals and Realism – Dying Light Is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6 – the latest revolutionary incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology built from the ground up for the new generation consoles, and DirectX 11 graphics. It delivers a new level of visual quality, special effects, and dynamic weather conditions, maintaining unparalleled efficiency at the same time.