Nintendo announced during the E3 Digital Event that Hyrule Warriors will launch on Wii U on September 26th. The game artfully merges the world of The Legend of Zelda and the style of Dynasty Warriors into one legendary hack-and-slash Wii U adventure. Players control hero Link or Princess Zelda, or might opt to play as Impa or Midna in their debut as playable characters. Familiar locations from The Legend of Zelda world subtly change to reflect the art styles of their original games. Check out the latest trailer from E3.
- The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted and Hyrule Kingdom
is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time led by Sorceress Cia.
- Heroic Link carves through a huge onslaught of enemies as he executes flashy
moves with combat attacks. This also marks the first time that many other
iconic characters from The Legend of Zelda franchise are playable for any
length of time, including Princess Zelda, Impa and Midna.
- Protect and reclaim recognizable landmarks from multiple games in The
Legend of Zelda series, including such classic areas like Hyrule Field and the
Palace of Twilight.
- Push back armies of classic enemies from The Legend of Zelda, as well as
powerful enemies making their debuts in Hyrule Warriors.
- Advance the story to unlock new playable characters, each with unique moves
and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade
weapons and craft badges, which players can use to bolster each warrior’s
-Two warriors are better than one: Battle armies with a friend using local co-op
mode, with one person playing on the TV and the other on the GamePad,
providing each player with his or her own screen.