The popular match-3 game from Mind Candy, which is already available on FaceBook and iOS devices, arrives on Android devices.
As the first Mind Candy game targeted to the mums and dads of their millions of young fans, Moshling Rescue combines a variety of unique gameplay modes with a character-driven narrative and a collection mechanic, providing hours of enjoyment for an older audience. With over 1 million players around the world, the game has fun yet challenging gameplay, as players must match the gummies to rescue the Moshlings and explore hundreds of adventure-packed levels. When the going gets tough, players can purchase boosts and extra lives to enhance their entertainment.
Moshling Rescue is unique in game functionality, with six game modes:
- Home mode – For the first time in a game of this genre, players must collect specific gummies to move the Moshling across a game-style track to reach home.
- Boss mode – Big Bad Bill tries his best to prevent players from reaching their goal.
- Dig mode – Explode and select gummies to dig further down the screen to complete the level.
- Drop mode – Rescue the Moshlings by dropping them down through a big stack of gummies.
- Clear mode – Everything is covered in gloop! Match over it to clean it all away.
- Treasure mode – Unlock treasure and win jellybeans by merging sacks, crates & chests together.
Android users can now also connect their mobile or tablet edition of Moshling Rescue with their Facebook account to pick up and play where they left off for even more fun. Players will also receive an extra life across both platforms by connecting to their Facebook account.
Commenting on the Android launch, President of Mind Candy, Divinia Knowles said: “We’re very excited that Android users will now be able to enjoy this next generation of Match-3 gaming alongside iOS and Facebook users. We are continuing to expand the Mind Candy portfolio from kids entertainment to a broader family entertainment company and have a number of exciting new projects in the pipeline that we can’t wait to share with audiences of all ages.”
What sets Moshling Rescue apart from other games of this genre is the deep character driven narrative, which is synonymous with all Mind Candy games. There is a unique collection mechanic where players earn a Moshling after completing certain levels, with rewards earned for completing a full set of characters that can then be viewed at any time in The Tree House.
Moshling Rescue was developed in house by Mind Candy and can be downloaded for free, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. In the coming months, Mind Candy will offer content updates and enhancements to the already feature-rich game.