As announced last week, the first-ever world expansion for Trion Worlds’ free-to-play MMO Defiance is now available on PC and consoles.
Within this new, post-apocalyptic expanse, paradise isn’t what it seems. Unsettling developments in the Defiance universe spell trouble: since having escaped into the Valley, Karl Von Bach’s discovery has heralded a new EGO, where he and his enigmatic Pilgrims of the Guiding Light anticipate your arrival into the Silicon Valley with worrying relish. Not only is the valley overrun with Grid, but Karl’s cult has taken firm footholds across the zone, where their true intentions are still shrouded in mystery. It is only Ark Hunters, the last defiant few, who can penetrate the Valley’s secrets and prevent its impending doom.
Discover within the new world expansion:
- Silicon Valley – Explore the vast new expanse of the Valley, from the eerie edge of Pacifica to the cultist temples guarding key areas of interest on either side of the buckled San Andreas Fault!
- New Missions: The Guiding Light – Dive deep into five new missions to discover the perils of Silicon Valley and the cult that calls it home. Are the Pilgrims of the Guiding Light simply a New Earth oddity, or do they hold a sinister purpose?
- New Dynamic Events: Invasions – The Grid are using converted 99ers to erect Evangel devices across the zone. These constructs, if left unchecked, will turn its key areas into hives of Grid activity. Can you stop the Grid before they conquer the valley?
- New Synergies and Outfits: Corporate Espionage – Themed after the works of William Gibson, the Corporate Espionage Lock Boxes contain vanity outfits and headgear as well as weapons and shields loaded with three new synergies, each suited to specific uses. Corporate Espionage Lock Boxes will be available on all lock box vendors in-game for a limited time before becoming Defiance Store exclusives!
- New Feature: Encryption – Certain advanced weapons and shields will now drop with the Encrypted trait, which confers a 3% bonus to damage or capacity. Additionally, when the Salvage Matrix is used to increase the rarity level of a shield or weapon, it will become Encrypted. This can only happen once; the Salvage Matrix will not be able to increase the rarity level of items that are already Encrypted.
- EGO Rating Cap: 5900 – EGO rating has been increased to a maximum of 5900, which is possible to achieve without completing all Pursuits. Fear not: when the max rating is increased again, any additional points you’ve earned will automatically be added to your rating!