Everyone’s favorite cowboy robot miner is making his way onto Nintendo’s Wii U through the eShop on August 28th.
The game from Image & Form will run at 60FPS with HD graphics and support both off-TV play and the Wii U Pro Controller. SteamWorld Dig will be available for £6.99.
Compared to the 3DS version, SteamWorld Dig on the Wii U will have:
- HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
- Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
- Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Branded as a “platform mining adventure” in a steampunk/Western setting, SteamWorld Dig lets players take the role of Eastwood-esque robot protagonist Rusty in order to save a mining town in need. The plot thickens as he digs deeper into an underground full of treasure and terrors…