This weekend, Sydneysiders using the popular on-demand car booking app Uber will be able to travel in some of the world’s most luxurious sports cars free of charge as part of a unique collaboration with Xbox Australia.
Taking place to mark the launch of the highly anticipated racing game Forza Horizon 2, the three day app takeover sees cars featured in the game – including a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 458 Italia and Nissan GT-R – hitting the streets of Sydney, with members of the public able to request the exotic motors via the Uber app.
Although the supercars would cost punters over $900,000 on the showroom floor, smartphone users can simply download or log into the Uber app and enter the promo code ‘UBERFORZA’ to unlock the custom vehicles and request a free ride on-demand. The supercars will take passengers wherever they need to go within Sydney’s CBD, Eastern Suburbs and Inner West at no charge.
How to access the Forza Horizon 2 and Uber supercars:
1. Download the Uber app on an Apple, Android or Windows device, and create an account.
2. Enter the promo code “UBERFORZA” when signing up, or in the PROMOTIONS section of the app if you’re already an Uber user.
3. Select the “Forza” option.
4. Check the ETA, hit “REQUEST FORZA” when you’re ready to go, and enjoy the ride!
The supercars will be available:
- Friday 3rd October, 10am – 6pm
- Saturday 4th October, 9am – 6pm
- Sunday 5th October, 8am – 4pm
Demand will be high and availability limited. If you can’t get a supercar right away try again.