Agatsuma Entertainment is proud to confirm that ‘Sayonara UmiharaKawase +’ is coming to PS Vita on April 21 in North America. The game will also launch in Japan and Asia in both boxed and digital versions on April 23, 2015, with the European version, digital only available soon after.
Easy to play, difficult to master, ‘Sayonara UmiharaKawase +’ is a totally unique ‘Rubbering Action’ physics based puzzle platform game with over 20 years of gaming history.
Developed by the creators of the original game (Kiyoshi Sakai and Toshinobu Kondo) and available for the first time globally on the PlayStation Vita, this cult classic was a Japanese indie smash hit before the rest of the world knew what a cult classic was!
Completely re-worked for the PlayStation Vita, play as ‘Umihara Kawase’ – a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. The deeper in to this dream-like game players venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits and unlock bonus levels.
As a special bonus for fans, the first ever title in this gaming franchise ‘UmiharaKawase’ has also been included. ‘UmiharaKawase’ was originally released way back in 1994 on console.
It is the elasticity of Umihara’s rubber fishing line that has always set this franchise apart from all other rope games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success and failure. The bungee like nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
• The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
• Now 60fps!
• 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
• Includes the original ‘UmiharaKawase’ game – this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
• Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
• Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
• Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
• Global time ranking
• New enemy placements
• Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
• Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities