Wizards of the Coast have launched Magic Duels on iPhone and iPad with the first content release, Magic Duels: Origins, bringing a free Magic: The Gathering experience to iPhone for the first time.
Magic Duels: Origins will also be coming to Xbox One and PC later this month, and PS4 at a later date.
Magic Duels offers limitless free gameplay, hundreds of unlockable cards, many exciting multiplayer modes-including the return of fan-favorite Two-Headed Giant, and regular content updates that reflect the latest Magic: The Gathering card sets, starting with the upcoming release of the Magic Origins set.
“Today marks the dawn of a new digital experience for Magic: The Gathering,” said Drew Nolosco, lead designer for Magic Duels. “We have listened to our player community and feel that we are delivering the best digital Magic game yet. In addition to releasing on the iPhone, Magic: Duels provides an engaging storyline, allowing players to walk in the footsteps of five of our most iconic Planeswalkers and uncover their never-before-told stories.”
Magic Duels introduces exciting new features, including:
- Regular updates from corresponding Magic set releases
- Hundreds of new cards from the upcoming Origins set, including powerful Planeswalkers
- Virtually endless solo gameplay against thousands of AI opponent decks
- Expanded multiplayer options including Two-Headed Giant Mode
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system that teaches gameplay quickly and easily-just like learning from a friend
- Deck Wizard offering step-by-step deck construction guidance for new players, and an advanced Deck Builder allowing experienced players to build from scratch
- 100% earnable content means players can play free!