What goes on in the city once the sun goes down? Paradox Interactive have revealed that the first expansion for Colossal Order’s city builder will be titled After Dark and will be coming later this year.
The new expansion, titled “After Dark,” will bring new features to mayor-players everywhere, including new specialized areas, new city services and options, new transportation systems, and lots of new chirps for the world’s favorite game character. In addition, After Dark will add new graphical enhancements and citizen behavior to Cities: Skylines with its central feature – a day-and-night cycle.
In After Dark, mayor-players’ in-game cities will go from day to night and back again, and their bustling burgs will look – and behave – differently. New leisure-focused commercial areas will become popular nightspots, with citizens flocking to nightclubs, karaoke bars, and other downtown destinations when their day is done. During the day, newly popular beachfront properties will do big business, including beach restaurants, jetski rentals, and more. For citizens who have a little too much fun, the addition of prisons will sort things out – while new taxi mechanics will help nighttime revelers get around efficiently and safely.
After Dark will include:
- Leisure and Luxury: Nightclubs, restaurants, bowling alleys, and other new leisure areas will become especially active at night
- Service with a Smile: New city services will transport criminals from police stations to prisons, while cargo hubs and international airports will allow industry and tourism to expand and thrive
- Surf and Turf: Commercial areas on the shoreline can specialize in new beach properties such as fishing tours, marinas, and beach bars
- We Get Around: New taxi services help citizens and tourists travel around the city, while new dedicated bus lanes and bike lanes encourage alternate transportation
- New Chirps: Because everyone loves Chirper #youknowit #heisadorable