Evolve, 2K Games and Turtle Rock Studios has announced new content is available in Evolve starting today, including a new Hunter, a new free map for Arena Mode matches, and Hunt 2.0, which introduces significant improvements to the matchmaking, user experience, and revamped leaderboards while playing Hunt mode.
Evolve’s newest Hunter, Jack (Trapper), joins the team with an all-new set of abilities and weapons. Jack, who refers to himself as The Jackal, scrounged the industrial ruins to build his trapper arsenal. To pack a punch, Jack dual wields a pair of pistols, enabling him to reload one pair while firing the other. To track and trap the Monster, Jack uses a hacked Survey Satellite to locate enemies and his Repulsor gloves to stop the Monster in its tracks.
A new map provides a fresh take on Arena Mode, free of charge. Murder Pits is a giant pit-fighting stadium designed exclusively for Arena Mode. Each arena on the map presents a different, unique challenge:
• ‘Jail’ houses dangerous wildlife, freed by doors that open randomly;
• ‘Outhouse’ is a straightforward arena encouraging control of the high ground;
• ‘Quarry’ carves out a tall, narrow environment stacked with rooms;
• ‘Saloon’ features a series of rooms surrounding a deadly Tyrant pool;
• ‘Slaughter House’ contains two chambers separated by a wall that can only be opened by the Monster.
We’re excited to introduce Hunt 2.0, which includes significant improvements to the matchmaking, user experience, and revamped leaderboards while playing Hunt mode. This mode was built in part on desires expressed by the Community. Specific new features introduced in Hunt 2.0 include:
• You can now play exclusively as Monster or Hunter;
• You will never join a match in progress;
• Improved matchmaking that incorporates skill level;
• Revamped leaderboards that divide players among five divisions, with tiered rankings within each division;
Improvements to Observer Mode
You’re going to want to capture all those incredible gameplay moments with this new update. As such, after reading all the feedback we’ve received, we’ve made some major improvements to Observer Mode. This mode now includes information such as when Trapper has Domed the Monster and a minimal mode for an improved viewing experience. A complete list of improvements can be found in the Patch 5.0 Notes.
Core Gameplay Balance Improvements
This is one of the biggest balance patches Evolve has ever had. Like many other features this update, we’ve worked hard to address feedback and develop creative new ways to enhance gameplay in Evolve. This update, the meta is Evolving.
• One of Evolve’s biggest balance patches with changes to Monster abilities and Hunter jetpacks.
• Improved, fast-deploying domes!
• Major changes to some of the Community favorites such as Bucket and Torvald coupled with an improved Behemoth.
• These changes to the core gameplay will give both Hunters and Monsters a whole new (and more balanced) world to hunt in.