EGX, and Deep Silver has announced that open-world shooter Homefront: The Revolution will be playable at EGX this 24th – 27th September.
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios’ Homefront: The Revolution throws players into an alternate near future dystopia, where a humanitarian crisis has brought the USA to its knees under the brutal military control of a globally dominant Korean corporation. Surveillance drones, armoured patrols and police violence have become every-day life in Philadelphia, the once proud birthplace of American independence. However, in the ruined outskirts of the city, resistance is getting stronger…
After watching a scene-setting video, visitors to EGX will play 20 minutes of the stunning Homefront: The Revolution, attempting to wrestle back control from the occupying Korean force and increase the power of their fledgling resistance.
In addition to the superb playable demo, the team from Deep Silver Dambuster Studios will be presenting an in-depth Developer Session at 3pm on Friday 25th September. More details will be released nearer to EGX.
Homefront: The Revolution Features:
● Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
● Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
● Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safe-houses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for the perfect Guerrilla Tool Kit
● Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to the player’s actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
● Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution