EA and PopCap Games have released a new developer diary for Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 featuring six new character classes, variants and maps. There will be 14 classes within the game, which amount to 100 characters in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
- Imp and Z-Mech – The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.
- Citron – A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future – and also an orange.
- Super Brainz – The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and a charismatic smile.
- Rose – An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.
- Captain Deadbeard – A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.
- Kernal Corn – Leads the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in spring 2016.