Daedalic have announced that Rufus will return for a fourth time in the adventure game Deponia Doomsday, which will launch digitally for PC, Mac and Linux on March 1st. Retail and console versions will be coming later in the year.
The flying city of Elysium has fallen, hideous Fewlocks inhabit the junk planet Deponia and Rufus is apparently the sole (human) survivor. He sees only one way out: Deponia must be blown up.
Terrified, Rufus awakes in his bed. Was that a dream or a vision? Fortunately, Rufus can check this right away as the oddball Professor McChronicle has detected several time anomalies. It’s rather handy that Rufus finds a time machine and immediately sets out to duly muddle up the past, present and future.
- Dystopia vs. Utopia mixed with Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium and Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar – Welcome to Deponia Doomsday!
- Following Goodbye Deponia, the first game developed 100% by Jan Müller-Michaelis (alias Poki)
- Fan service: Some players called for an alternate ending and another part to the Deponia saga
- Rufus travels through time – with dramatic consequences
- Goal, Lonzo, Lotti and even Wenzel – Reunions with familiar and over 70 new oddball characters
- The player discovers the floating city of Elysium for the first time
- With around 20 hours of gameplay and over 100 game backgrounds, Deponia Doomsday is the largest and most elaborate Deponia game so far
- Deponia Doomsday serves a timeless (!) genre and once again resurrects classic adventures