LKA.it’s first game, The Town Of Light, launches today on Steam.
Winner of the indie DB editor’s choice 2015 for “best visual” and finalist at Game Connection Paris 2014 for best narrative, The Town of Light is a first-person psychological thriller set in the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum.
The asylum was shut down in the late 1970’s by a law from the Italian government which instructed all asylums to close completely and give back patients their civil rights.
The game, based on extensive research and inspired to real facts, will be played through the fictional eyes of Renée, an imaginary 16-year-old girl that suffers from the symptoms of mental illness. She is looking to find what’s happened to her in the past, exploring the place where she spent most of her youth.
“We are really proud to bring The Town of Light to the public. It has been a long journey but we are really proud on what we have achieved. We are really committed to continue support the game post launch, while starting the work on the Xbox version of the game.” said Luca Dalco, creative director.
- Inspired by real facts and event.
- Set in one of the biggest asylum in Europe
- Over 7000 square meters of the real Volterra Asylum carefully recreated
- Rich bibliography about the history of mental institutions based on extensive research
- Nonlinear gameplay experience will allow different evolution of the main story