Studio Wildcard has revealed a selection of new dinosaurs, gadgets, weapons and upgrades for the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved. Survivors can now tame, train, and mount Giant Beavers, saddle up on the flappy Terror Bird, and equip themselves with the multi-use Grappling Hooks, while taking prisoners into custody using the newly implemented Handcuffs.
Amongst the human population, Studio Wildcard has introduced two new game-changing tools, the Grappling Hook and Handcuffs. The Grappling Hook gives Survivors the ability to scale cliffs, hitch a ride by attaching to a flying creature, or even wrangle other players, prisoners, or small creatures to drag along. Learning how to regularly use this tool will alter the nature of player attacks and dramatically expand the range of their travels with greater ease. The new Handcuffs ensure that prisoners don’t escape and aren’t violent. Wildcard Studio encourages Survivors to get onto their ARK now to ensure they’re the ones doing the Handcuffing, and not the other way around!
The full list of today’s updates for ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One includes:
- DINOS: Tame, Train and Ride the Giant Beaver and the Terror Bird
- TOOLS: Use new tools including the Grappling Hook and the Handcuffs
- TRIBE ALLIANCES (PvE and PvP). Yes, finally, small Tribes can band together against larger ones!
- Approximately 20% performance increase!
- All options exposed for dedicated servers, finally! Even custom lists of Engrams & Dino Multipliers, etc!
- Numerous crash fixes
- Community-contributed Game Localization in 8+ languages – French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish