Curve Digital have announced that developer Fiddlesticks’ puzzle platformer will be arriving for PS4, Vita, Xbox One and PC on August 23rd.
With a simple color-matching mechanic as its palette, Hue seamlessly blends a vivid art style with clever level design and a touching narrative to paint a platforming adventure as refreshing as it is colorful.
Although everyone whom the titular Hue encounters sees only in greyscale, the world of Hue is far from black and white. On a journey to solve his mother’s disappearance, Hue begins to piece together her discarded research, ultimately discovering the ability to see the world’s hidden color and change it to alter reality. As the background shifts between shades, rifts form, and obstacles slip between pigmented dimensions.
As Hue uncovers new details involving his mother, he’s able to manipulate the game world in increasingly sophisticated ways. By transforming the background color of the world, Hue can manipulate objects, unlock new areas and interact with new aspects of the environment. Along the way, Hue will meet a diverse cast of imaginative characters in a witty and wonderful world filled with inventive puzzles and the tendency to instill a genuine sense of wonder. Hue also features support for a multitude of color-changing LED devices, and offers a full-blown colorblind mode by utilizing unique symbols as a color aid.
“Hue has been almost universally loved whenever we’ve taken it out to shows,” said Dan Da Rocha, Director at Fiddlesticks. “So we’re incredibly excited to be finally getting into people’s hands properly. We’ve spent the last couple of years in Hue’s world – it’s going to be brilliant to welcome some more visitors.”
“The color-changing puzzles bring something genuinely fresh to the genre – we’ve had a real blast designing them,” adds Henry Hoffman, Creative Director at Fiddlesticks. “Some of the latter stages of the game are incredibly devious – we’ll be taxing parts of the brain untouched by previous games.”
Developed by Fiddlesticks and published worldwide by Curve Digital, Hue is headed PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (cross-buy), Xbox One and Windows PC for $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99. Launch discounts will be available on all formats.
Key Features of Hue:
- Unique color-matching mechanic, offering a new twist on the classic platformer.
- A heartfelt story that touches on themes of love, loss, existence and remorse.
- A world full of lively characters to talk to, each with their own personality and story.
- Stark silhouetted art style with bright, bold colors.
- Over 30 original music tracks, composed exclusively for Hue.
- Full colorblind support, using symbols as a color aid.
- Razer Chroma, Corsair RGB and many more colored LED devices supported on Windows.
- Professionally voiced narration by Anna Acton and Matthew Wade, some of the UK’s best television talent.