One Tamriel, the massive free update for the MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online, is now live on Xbox One and PS4.
One Tamriel delivers the freedom gamers expect from all great Elder Scrolls games with a truly open world and a level-scaled environment. Adventurers can now go anywhere, with anyone, at any time from the moment they exit the tutorial.
One Tamriel also removes Alliance restrictions outside of PvP, allowing players to group with any player in the world, no matter their allegiance. This change makes it much easier for players to find pick-up groups for questing, dungeons, and trials, and expands the opportunity for guilds to assemble more diverse dungeon and trial groups.
Additional major improvements and updates to the game include:
- Dueling: Players can now battle each other anywhere outside Cyrodiil to test their skills and builds and claim bragging rights as the toughest adventurer
- Zone Overhaul: All zones have been redesigned for a mix of solo and group play with improved bosses and standardized difficulty
- Dungeons: All dungeons can be played in normal and veteran mode, where story is separated from difficulty and players are battle-leveled to allow players of different levels to play together, and receive level-appropriate loot
- Craglorn: The massive Craglorn zone has been redesigned to make it solo-friendly but still the go-to location for group content
- Loot: Loot in zones has now been standardized like dungeon loot, making it possible to acquire specific sets in specific zones at whatever level you are when completing quests