Bethesda have launched One Tamriel, the latest free update for the MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online, on PC. They are also celebrating with a “Trip of a Lifetime” giveaway. The update will be landing on Xbox One and PS4 on October 18th.
One Tamriel, a free update for all players, delivers the freedom gamers expect from all great Elder Scrolls games – more self-determination and playing options for veteran players and new players alike. With a truly open world and a level-scaled environment, adventurers can go anywhere, with anyone, at any time from the moment they exit the tutorial.
One Tamriel also removes Alliance restrictions outside of PvP, allowing players to group with any player in the world, no matter their allegiance. This change makes it much easier for players to find pick-up groups for questing, dungeons, and trials, and expands the opportunity for guilds to assemble more diverse dungeon and trial groups.
Choose to discover the villages and cities of Tamriel at your own pace, and in whatever order you please, from the Gold Coast to Eastmarch and from Rivenspire to Shadowfen. If you’re a veteran player, you can now invite your friends to join you as a beginner and be equally challenged regardless of where you quest.
Additional major improvements and updates to the game include:
- Dueling: Players can now battle each other anywhere outside Cyrodiil to test their skills and builds and claim bragging rights as the toughest adventurer
- Zone Overhaul: All zones have been redesigned for a mix of solo and group play with improved bosses and standardized difficulty
- Dungeons: All dungeons can be played in normal and veteran mode, where story is separated from difficulty and players are battle-leveled to allow players of different levels to play together, and receive level-appropriate loot
- Craglorn: The massive Craglorn zone has been redesigned to make it solo-friendly but still the go-to location for group content
- Loot: Loot in zones has now been standardized like dungeon loot, making it possible to acquire specific sets in specific zones at whatever level you are when completing quests
ONE TAMRIEL | TRIP OF A LIFETIME GIVEAWAY
To celebrate the newfound freedom of One Tamriel, Bethesda Softworks has launched the One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime giveaway. We’ll be giving away five once-in-a-lifetime grand prize trips to exotic locations across the world inspired by iconic in-game locations. And since One Tamriel is also all about playing together, each prize package is a trip for two, including meals, accommodations, and incredible excursions led by local guides and experts.
Grand Prize Destinations – Winners Choose One of the Five:
- Elsweyr Package | Kenya & Tanzania: Seek out real-life Khajiit on an African safari as you visit national parks, game reserves, and conservation areas in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Skyrim Package | Switzerland: Hunt for dragons amid the snowcapped peaks of the Swiss Alps, exploring the lands of the famed Eiger and Matterhorn.
- Black Marsh Package | Peru: Prepare for an Argonian adventure as you explore the natural beauty of the Amazon and ancient ruins of Peru, including the former Inca capital of Cusco and an unforgettable visit to Machu Picchu.
- Hammerfell Package | Morocco: Get lost in the deserts of Hammerfell as you discover the mysteries of Morocco, its stunning architecture and ancient mountain villages.
- Summerset Isles Package | New Zealand: Prepare for the multisport fun in the adventure capital of the world, paddling a sea kayak on the stunning north coast and hike from glacier to rain forest or raft on a subterranean river.
In addition, 1,000 lucky Runners-Up will receive 1,000 Crowns each for use in the in-game Crown Store.
Entering is easy – simply jump online and play The Elder Scrolls Online any time between Oct 5 and Dec 16, 2016 and then head online to register to win at www.elderscrollsonline.com/tripofalifetime. Entering is available without purchase by visiting the web site and mailing in a postcard as directed.