Tin Man Games has announced epic adventure title, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is coming to iOS on February 22 for $4.99. Take a hop, skip and jump to check out the trailer below.
- Explore a vast 3D map populated by detailed miniature figurines that are based on the original gamebook’s illustrations
- Enjoy an epic fantasy storyline complete with old and new illustrations by Russ Nicholson, the original artist
- Play and replay as four distinct heroes – Lunika Ekaadi, Dekion Strom, Alexandra of Blacksand, and Arran Gottspeed – who each have their own reasons for exploring the mountain
- Choose your path in an interactive story with thousands of choices that vary based on your hero
- Outwit your opponents in simultaneous turn-based combat – learn their fighting styles and predict their moves
From Tin Man Games, the award winning studio that has released over 30 digital gamebooks and interactive fiction apps on the App Store, including those from the Fighting Fantasy series. The Warlock of Firetop Mountain goes one step further from previous releases, jumping from the 2D page and transforming into an epic 3D domain, with new areas to explore, characters to meet, and of course, monsters to slay!
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, originally published in 1982 as a paperback and selling over two million copies, was a pioneering release that popularized the solo gamebook and successfully brought the role-playing game experience to a wider audience. Writers, Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, founded Games Workshop and have continued to have a distinguished careers in both tabletop gaming and video games. Original illustrator, Russ Nicholson, has also returned 35 years later to create new artwork for the game!
Expand the adventure with new heroes, combat skills, and story quests available via in-app purchase